Friday 26 March 2010

Work update - screen prints

Alongside the 3-D pictures I have been developing another strand of work using a millstone as a motif. 

There is a large old millstone sitting in the school grounds outside the art department. A mill once stood on the site. I like the minimalist form of the millstone (a circle with square in the middle). Also I have capitalised on the the biblical references of millstone's using the colours decorating the altar in the school chapel.

Usually my abstract work is minimalist, formal and flat so it lends itself to screen printing. I am not much of a printer but the screen printing process tends to appeal more to painters and I've been meaning to give it a go for ages.

I have chosen the red circle and green square for the 100SQFT exhibition.




No comments:

Post a Comment