Monday 12 October 2009

The Year 8 colour wheels and sample mixing




I went to see the Colour Chart:Reinventing Colour exhibition at Tate Liverpool during the summer. It was one of those exhibitions which left me with a warm glow in my stomach and my mind for a while afterwards. This week (after getting the light) some of that warm glow came back. I also did my own bit of colour mixing and began some painting (more about this later) of my own, however, the above was the outcome of a few weeks work where the students started with a palette of warm and cold primaries plus black and white, progressed to creating their own colour wheel and then practised mixing to match the colours of household paint sample charts.

Here is a video of artist David Batchelor talking about colour and his practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment