Monday 28 September 2009

The first few weeks - school drawings

In terms of my own studio practice my space is beginning to take shape and as well as continuing to research my favourite subject of perception and illusion I have been working on a Tim Knowles inspired drawing project - by collecting drawings made by the school - in order to connect with the site. I see this drawing project as a small thread of work lasting the duration of the residency. It will develop as I get to know the school. So far I have drawings made by the automatic door at the entrance to the art and design building, drawings made by a fire door at the top of a stairwell and drawings made by the willow trees on the school grounds.



Fire Door Drawing, work in progress view
Ink on paper, 2009

Automatic Door Drawing
Ink on paper, 2009
Willow Tree Drawing, work in progress view
Ink on paper, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment